Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools!!







It all started last year when me and a friend got together and pulled a prank on her hubby for april fools. She had just had a baby, and I was prego, so I gladly gave her a pregnancy test. She played it out so well, it was hilarious. I wish we would have recorded his reaction on tape. So this year I wanted to do something funny to Mike. Mike was exhausted so he fell asleep within minutes (I would like to know how men do that!) while he was sawin logs, I decided to pull out the red nail polish! His foot was hanging out so I thought oooh perfect, I will do his foot too. No sooner had i started on his big toe when Savanah starts crying. I thought I was caught, but no worries he is still asleep so I feed Savanah and when I come back he put his foot in the covers but his hand was laid out perfect. So i painted his fingers. I was trying so hard to hold in the laughter because it was making me shake. So then i thought he's sleepin so well i think i will try to uncover his foot and finish painting it. I was able to paint his toes, and by this time his other hand was laid out perfect so i painted it too. I was having a hard time trying not to laugh. After I finished it took me awhile to get over how funny i was and fall asleep. When morning came around and he woke up i watched his every move to see if he would notice. He had an 8:00 apt. with the orthodontist so he went to shower. Ooo this is gonna be good! I was waiting in bed trying to contain myself. When i heard the shower door open i went into the bathroom and he was standing there looking confused saying "what the heck?" I bust up laughing "April Fools!" He started laughing then he asked how do you get this stuff off? I told him I would take if off after his appointment. I asked him when he noticed and he said he was stepping in the shower and he thought I'm bleeding! then he wiggled his toes and realized it was nail polish, then he noticed his fingers were painted too. It's not quite salon quality, but I found out it's a little hard to paint nails in the dark...especially when you're laughin!



After he had left for his appointment I quickly called the office and asked them to pull an april fools joke on him. After i got off the phone i again couldn't stop laughing (I was having a Clay Boyce moment) So when he came home I casually asked him how it went and he said fine. Well did they do anything to you? He said when he got there Anita looked at him and said his appointment wasn't today it was tomorrow. Then at the end she walked in and said someone walked in and said there is a bmw in the parking lot with a flat tire. Mike was so mad he was like you have got to be kidding! Anita said don't worry i already called les schwab and they are fixing it, but you owe me 150 bucks. Then he knew she was kidding. After that morning I thought I would give him a little break from the jokes!


I think savanah wanted to get in on the fun because she had a blowout up to her armpits so we had to scrub her down.
And then to finish the day we had some juicy grub worms fresh from our garden, deeelish!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the finger nail polish joke made me laugh out loud!!!! The bleeding! That's is so funny!

Melissa-Mc said...

I am laughing so hard right now! I wish that whole moment had been on camera (well, not the shower part). I would have loved to see his reaction.

Philip and Melissa said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Nice work Becca!!!

Melinda said...

That was a good one. You better watch out next year. I bet he's already got a plan on how to get you back.

Becky said...

that is too funny! I was going to do the same thing, but he was flying out at 5am for important meetings and i just couldnt' do it!
your clay boyce comment made me laugh, poor guy!
btw- mike does not have pretty girl toes! AND I don't think I will ever have you do my nails!!

Stephanie Hall said...

You are very creative! Heath said mine was mean so I felt bad and made him his favorite chocolate cake and a pizza for dinner. I guess I know who to talk to for ideas on next year!

Emma said...

You are such a fun wife and mommy! Can you come play at my house?