
So this is my washer, which is in the laundry room, which is by the back door, which is where everyone comes in. Since it is by the back door it seems to be a catch-all for anything, and when doing the "whirlwind" cleaning it sometimes turns into the closet where you don't want to open the door because everything will fall out. The fact that you can walk through makes it really convenient to leave stuff in there, so sometimes i wish i could seal off one of the doors. Well one day in passing I set a book on the washer. Bad idea. Who would of thought that this could be bad? Well according to Mike everybody knows you don't put a book on the washing machine. So i went to put the book away and to my suprise it didn't budge. This book was so stuck i had to get a metal spatula with a point so i could wedge it in there and pry the book off. It took some serious elbow grease to work that thing off of there without completely destroying it. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get it off. I wouldn't have felt so bad if it wasn't a christmas gift from Mike. I was trying to get it off with out him knowing, but he just happened to be home at this very moment and he saw the book and went to pick it up...and it wouldn't come off. Now there is a lovely reminder on my washing machine of my poor book. So here is a friendly reminder to never put a book on your washing machine...but of course everybody else already knows that!



8 comments:
You can tell Mike that "I didn't know that!" of course my washer and dryer are in my garage and a book would probably never pass by that way, but you never know!
Wow, I would've never known to never put a book on the washer. Your blog is not only entertaining, it's also educationally informative. :-)
nobody knows that, but a weirdo! poor book
I have to wonder what causes such a thing like that to happen. Why does it stick is it cuz of leftover soap residue or something?
Well I am another someone else who didn't know that a book would stick to a washer! Wonder what would happen on the dryer-you should try it!
FYI, You should never put a book IN the washer either.
I can honestly say I didn't know either...by the way how did Mike know that? Personal experience?
Wow, the things you can learn by reading blogs! :)
I never knew! Pretty crazy stuff in this big bad world of ours. That is funny!
Post a Comment