Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Dream Come True Cupcakes for Dinner

I have never seen my kids so excited to eat dinner!  Even Savanah was chanting cupcake!
April Fools!!!  These are dinner in disguise.  The cupcake is actually meatloaf, and the frosting is mashed potatoes.  It was pretty tricky trying to make these without them seeing what they really were.  The fact that they had to stay out of the kitchen only made the suspence greater!  Even though these weren't sweet cupcakes, they sure were delish!



























It's quite a shock to the tastebuds when you are expecting one thing and you get something else!  After this prank the kids were trying to come up with some reason to say April Fools.  I had to laugh at Ben because whenever he said it it was April foo, or I April fuzed you mom!

9 comments:

Anja said...

What a cute idea, you cute mom you! Thanks for the invite but I'm pretty sure we aren't going through Idaho to get to Utah, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you and your family! Maybe some day!

Melinda said...

That's so fun. And they really do look like they have yummy frosting on top.

Did you come up with a good joke to do on Mike?

Jeremy's Jade said...

That is brilliant.

Jonathan & Heather said...

Amy did that same thing for her family. It looks like a lot of fun. Sorry we didn't stop by while her family was in town. They came Friday night and left Sunday morning so we really only had Saturday together.

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

too cute!! I wanted to do that for Evan, and then got tired...maybe next year:)

The Woolner Family said...

Nice one. I LOVE meatloaf.

GooDad said...

Those look pretty tasty!

Philip and Melissa said...

My taste bud would've been so angry :-) cute idea girly.

Kirsti said...

HELLO! Hey it's Kirsti here. Just came across your blog and thought I'd say HI! How are things going? I hear that your family is expanding...I ran into your mom at church on sunday and she said you were expecting. Congrats! Next time you are here we should do lunch. Good to see you have a blog you should check out ours. Your kids are adorable.