Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Someone stole an hour of my day

I don't know about anyone else, but this daylight savings is kickin my bootie.  I was feelin really good about myself as a mom because in the morning I finally had a schedle going.  I would wake up by seven make a good breakfast for the kids, wake them up eat breakfast, read scriptures, get them dressed and out the door.  Now...well lets just say we are lucky if they go out the door with all their clothes on!  I have been waking up at 8:00 and even then I don't want to get out of bed!  Then I feel like a drill sargent the rest of the morning, it goes something like this:  Eat your food hurry, hurry.  Less talking more eating (brushing hair while eating) Makayla stop doing the potty dance just go to the bathroom.  Just tip your head back while i pour your cereal down your throat (okay i really don't do that one).  And this week we have been lucky if we can walk in the door as the late bell is ringing, phew.  So much for feelin like a good mom...oh well I think I'm gonna play the prego card this week :)

4 comments:

Turbo said...

I definitely feel you on this one. I have been struggling in the mornings. Thank goodness for caffeine. I don't know how I would do it.

Melissa-Mc said...

This is me this week. Wake up to alarm. Crawl out of bed and wake Megan. Go back to bed. Wake up to alarm. Wake up Hunter and Braden. Go back to bed. Wake up to alarm. Send boys off to school. Go back to bed...

Becky said...

i am HATIN it! I just cant get my bearings! i think i will b e in this fog until the next time change~

Melinda said...

It's got me too!!! I didn't remember about the time change and stayed up until almost midnight the night of. Then realized as I went to bed that I had to move the clocks ahead. so now if was almost 1am. I had to get up early..........and I've never been the same since.
I'm at my mom's this weekend recuperating and trying to find that rest I've missed.