Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's great bein a mom





I think that one of the best parts of being a parent is being able to see the funny things your kids do.  Or seeing the adorable smile on their face that melts away any anger you might be feeling.  The other day I saw the jug of milk on the floor.  When I went to pick it up, I noticed several straws in the jug.  My first reaction was arrgg, but then I couldn't help but laugh because the thought came into my mind "this time, this time, this time." maybe this time my straw will reach the milk.  And then after church I found a pile of hotdogs in the fridge.  Ben informed me that he put them back in the fridge all by himself!  I love to see my kids wanting to help out and do things for themselves.  And even though it might not be how I want it, you gotta give em credit for tryin!


6 comments:

Anja said...

This is super cute! It's hard for me to not get mad at these things at first, that's something I have to work on, but putting them on your blogs seems to make it funnier!

Tami said...

I can picture it...this time, this time, this time...lol! Thanks for sharing these moments. You really are a good mommy!

Melinda said...

Yep, I love toddlers. They just crack me up ALL the time!!! SO so funny.

Tami said...

P.S. LOVE that chair that she's in!! So cute!

Becky said...

there is never a dull moment with little kids in the house! maybe the straws reached for a while until he sucked out too much--just a happy thought for all the people who might ask for a drink of milk while eating cookies at your house! are you making any?

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to "discover" your children's trails? Today I learned that Weston changed out all the hairspray bottles with water. No wonder my hair didn't work today!!