Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hide, but don't seek


I know I should be worried when I hear Ben say "Mom don't look in the corner under the blanket okay?" If Makayla were to say this I would have said okay and not thought twice. When I hear it come from Ben, well that's another story! After he told me not to look I immidiately go to see what is hiding under the blanket and I found the bowl of car keys in the corner and he was holding his favorite one (his dads car key). He should have been in double trouble for this because in order to get that bowl of keys he had to go into the forbidden city (the office) but when he shoots a smile like that at me, what am I supposed to do? Of course it's not my car key he is holding! I have a funny story about Ben that happened the other day. We were with some friends and they were asking him is your name Ben? He said my name is not Ben, it is BEN! It's kind of hard to write the volume but the second time was yelled. I had a good laugh about that and realized how true that really was. It's never just Ben around our house it's BEN! He keeps us entertained around here that is for sure!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

He is truly a one of a kind kid. BEEEENNNNNNNNNN!!!

Melissa-Mc said...

When that boy gets his driver license, the roads will never be the same.

At least he occasionally gives you that oh-so-subtle hint to not look somewhere. There could be trouble when he learns that only clues you in.

Becky said...

God gives us cute children so they survive, you know, survival of the fittest- but in human world it is survival of the cutest!
I love the name story, nice to have that reminder of how we sound to them all the time!

Tami said...

I hope you're planning on blogging when he is a teenager. Stories usually get better and better the older they get...can you imagine the things you'll be telling us?!

Philip and Melissa said...

I LOVE his obsession with cars. He even loves to explore my mom mobile nissan murrano...he's so dang funny!

Tami said...

LOVE love love the new look of your blog!! Way to go!

Ashley Smith said...

I love how he thinks his name is pronounced BEN! Obviously he is a little troublemaker. All boy- that's for sure!

Cari said...

What a darling bunch. It is cool to see how much your troops have grown. I am so glad you are bloggin. Way fun to catch up on your family again.